Sunday, February 22, 2009

And Now For Something Completely Different

In an effort to not just post words that make me seem whiny and self-indulgent, a short story from the past.

One time, my mother, sister, and I were playing Taboo. My mom was giving the clues and my sister and I (mostly me) were guessing what the words were. My sister was around 8 or 9 at the time.

Mom: This is something in Canada.

Sister: Cows?

Mom: No.

Sister: There are no cows in Canada?

Mom and I: *laughter*

Mom: There are cows in Canada, but that isn't what it is.

If I remember correctly (from roughly 10 years ago) the word was Parliament.

Thank you for your attention.

P.S.: My sister and I still laugh about the no cows in Canada thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well...I've never SEEN cows in Canada. It's possible they don't have any.