Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Setting Goals for the Next Year

I have a few goals for the next year.

1. Lose 50 pounds. This isn't impossible and it's better than a goal of "lose weight" as I'll know when I've reached my goal.

2. Read through Proverbs 12 times.
a. Try to learn something new each time I read it.

3. Cook at home more and eat out less. Finances should make this easier.

4. Read all of Pride and Prejudice. I've started it, now I just need to pick it back up and read it (maybe next month when I've got to go in for jury duty).

5. Eat more fruits and vegetables and less junk. Also, drink more water.

6. Join a gym and go regularly to exercise. An aerobics class twice a week probably won't do enough to see a weight loss of 50 pounds.

7. Stop feeling the need for things to be even to be finished.

So, these are just a few of my goals (starting on number 7 right now). So, now I've just got to stick with it.

TTFN!

P.S.: I've had jury duty before and I'm not looking forward to having it again. I'm hoping for time to move by quickly and I'm hoping not to be stuck on a criminal trial again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will not regret reading P&P!! Once you're done reading it, you need to watch the BBC film adaptation (it's 6 hours, so brace yourself) because it's lovely.