Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Sometimes I Want to Be Alone (With My Friends)

Tonight, Ace and I had a friend, who I'll call Janet (not her real name, I never use real names for people), and her kids over. I'll call her kids Jack and Jill. We attempted to have a grown-up conversation, but it was slightly hard with her kids wanting to pop up and have her attention. Her kids are cute, I think they are great kids, but I was ready to shoo them out of my house about 30 minutes before they ended up leaving. I wanted to keep Janet around to talk more though. Every time we get to talk with her, we find out more about her life before we met her, so it's fun to talk with her. As Jack and Jill are young (5 and 4), they had to get home and go to bed. But they had some fun playing with Guillermo and running around in our backyard before they left.

It's felt like a long day. I know it hasn't been any longer than any other day, but it's felt like it was longer. That could come from spending a couple of hours in a car today (which definitely wouldn't help the feeling), but I'm not sure that was all of it. I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be better.

I'm going to do something that no longer requires much brain usage. I'm feeling somewhat tired.

TTFN!

No comments: