Tuesday, November 17, 2009

God Is Good

Last night, Ace and I were listening to a series (we're still in the middle of it, so we're still listening to it I guess) about God being good. And while this isn't a surprise, it's more meaningful right now than it would have been in the past.

Ace and I are spending more time immersing ourselves in the Bible and Biblical teachings lately. We've been reaching out to find God in a way we hadn't in a long time.

All of this is reminding us how good God is. How important we are to Him (He knows how many hairs are on my head right now, according to the Bible. That's kind of impressive, and definitely love.). How He wants good things for us.

And it's changing how I'm looking at life. I may not be where I want to be (I'd rather Ace and I have more room and preferable no one living quite as close as they are now), but I'm content that it's good, which is what God wants for me.

And because God is good, I'm willing to trust and obey what the Bible says. I'm willing to rely on the promises God made. After all, isn't that what He's really asking me to do? To trust, obey, and believe that He is willing to perform all that He has said? And if I believe the Bible is the truth, shouldn't I act on those beliefs?

Right now, I don't know what will happen later today or tomorrow (although, I have some ideas). I just know that God is good. Maybe that knowledge is enough for right now, right this minute. After all, I can't control everything, nor would I really want to.

God is good. All the time.

No comments: