Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary Sesame Street

Or I'm Not Sure What to Talk About Today

So, sometime this month is the 40th Anniversary of Sesame Street. This makes me happy, because I remember watching Sesame Street when I was little. I remember the videos with counting and the video of how crayons are made. I remember how much all the characters meant to me.

I remember my parents (I think it was my parents) taking me to see a Sesame Street stage show. I remember Bert and Ernie singing about letting your smile be your umbrella.

I remember that Sesame Street helped me learn to count to 10 in Spanish (okay, it helped my mom learn and she taught me, but I think that counts). I'm fairly sure they helped me learn my letters and my numbers, or at least reinforced what I had learned.

So, Happy Anniversary Sesame Street. I hope you have at least another 40 years of educating children

No comments: