Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Why I Don't Judge Most People

I don't like the idea of being judged. I, in my own mind, feel like I am being judged by everyone around me, even though I'm fairly sure most people don't pay any attention to me.

I got reminded last night why it's a good thing not to judge others. I don't know their hearts or their intentions behind their actions. Since I don't know why they do something, I am unable to judge them effectively. I don't know what all they thought their options were, which would make judging someone even harder.

I'm not perfect about this, I know. If I were, I would probably still be talking to my mother, at least a little bit. But I know how her decisions have effected me, so I find it harder to look for good intentions behind some of her actions (mostly the intentions behind her harsh words).

So, I'm trying to be better about this. I'm trying to realize that some people have messed up thinking and intentions that I'll never understand. I'm trying to remember that just because I don't understand why someone is doing something doesn't mean that they have bad intentions or bad logic.

I'm trying not to judge others. And usually, I succeed. Maybe the world would be better if we could all do this. Maybe.

No comments: