Thursday, June 19, 2008

Anniversaries

Next week, Ace and I will have been married for 5 years.

A lot has happened in that time. 5 years. It feels like forever (at least like I've known Ace forever) in one second and it feels like I'm exaggerating how long it's been (nope, we got married in 2003) in the next.

I'm extremely happy with how our marriage has gone. We've never had a fight. We rarely argue (debate?) about anything because we are on the same page. The sex is amazing (it's good even when it's not mind-blowing).

I found someone who understands me and loves me unconditionally. I found my self-esteem. I found someone who makes me feel like I'm a complete person in myself, even when he's looking at me like I've lost part of my mind. I found someone to help me laugh when I just want to cry.

And as soon as everyone leaves, I'm going to insist we spend some time together just being close. Because what else do you do when you are head-over-heels-in-love with someone?

Later.

No comments: