Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Am Not...

1. I am not a vegetarian, although I don't care if you want to be (just let me eat my meat in peace, I'll try not to eat too much meat in front if you). I don't like the idea of animals being tortured just so I can have meat, but I would not do well as a vegetarian.

2. I am not someone who pushes my beliefs off on others, because that won't convince anyone to believe what I believe. If you want to have a dialogue, I'll be willing to listen to you as long as you are willing to listen to me. I'll try to keep my eye rolling to a minimum (depending on your beliefs).

Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, I'll try to add some context.

I was reading, just a few minutes ago, an odd discussion on vegetarianism versus being an omnivore (which I am, because I love veggies too). I'm all for people who can do so being a vegetarian, if they want. I, personally, believe that I need to eat meat for the protein and the iron in order for my body to function normally. Which is not to say I eat meat at every meal (my dinner tonight included no meat).

I decided not to finish reading the discussion, because it seemed like most of the people involved weren't listening to the other side. And I find that frustrating. I like talking to other people and finding out why they believe the things they believe. It's interesting to hear the whole story. But if I disagree with the beliefs, I may want to share my own belief and my reasons for believing it. It doesn't mean I don't respect others (with minor exceptions, because I'm fairly sane), it just means that I feel strongly about what I believe in.

And that I all I have to say about that, except eat your veggies and don't believe in Scientology, because I'm fairly certain most of those people are nuts!

TTFN!

No comments: