Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Confussion?

The past 2 years (at least), my in-laws have given me, as part of my Christmas gifts, a stuffed animal. While I like stuffed animals this practice confuses me, as I have never said anything to them about wanting them to give me stuffed animals (truthfully, I'd rather Ace or I pick out those stuffed animals, thanks).

Last year, I think that Ace's sister-in-law also got a similar stuffed animal, but I'm fuzzy on that. I do know that my niece and I got duplicate stuffed animals the last two years (this year, Ace's grandmother also got one).

My theory, and this is just a theory, is that since Ace and I haven't provided a child they've decided that I should get whatever stuffed animal they would give that child. I'm just not sure what they think giving me stuffed animals will accomplish.

So, I would love to hear your theories as to why I am receiving animals that I would never have picked out on my own. What possible message could they be trying to send?

P.S.: It was either post about this or talk about doing dishes. I'm fairly sure the dishes thing isn't interesting to anyone, myself included (even though I've been the one doing them).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe they are somehow scoring a bunch of free stuffed animals and they don't know how else to unload them.

Anonymous said...

I also got a stuffed animal from my in-laws this year, but it was a Domo. So not quite the same thing.

I regularly receive clothes from the juniors department, or stores like Aeropostale, in sizes S (or sometimes even XS). I haven't been there in about...7 years, and have developed birthing hips since then (which I REALLY NEED TO GET SOME USE OUT OF HERE PRETTY SOON, WHAT IS THE FREAKING HOLD UP!!), so it's always awkward.

Do yours have daughters? If not, that could explain the stuffed animal-ness. Do they know you're trying? If they don't, THAT could explain it too. (I'm about to break down and tell ours, just so the awkward "when are you going to give me grandchildren" conversations die down.) It could be a not-so-subtle hint.

Is this the longest comment you ever got on your blog before? Methinks probably. It's the longest comment I ever left, and it's nearing email proportions.

My last hypothesis: your mother in law really like stuffed animals but feels silly buying them for herself, so she buys them for you.

Anyways.