Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Dumb Question

Earlier, Ace asked me a dumb question. He really should have already known the answer too.

Here's the important background to his question. We're visiting my dad (except this time we're staying in a hotel room instead of his house). I've been trying to sleep more at night instead of during the day (so we can be around my family when they are awake), but it hasn't been going as well as I would like it to (I had 2 nights in a row where I would get 2 hours of sleep and then wake up for a while.) as I have been tired pretty much this whole time.

We've been visiting with my family, and we're all going out to dinner at which time, I decide to change from my sweatshirt to my coat, as I've already been chilly today and I know it's only going to get colder. Tonight, at dinner (out, with 2 other families), I start feeling bad. I just want to go lay down. Finally, Ace is done with his meal, so we can go (my dad is covering our food, so we can just leave and let me lay down). We're both convinced that after about an hour, I'll be fine and can meet my family back at my dad's house.

I go to sleep shortly after we get here and Ace wakes me up after an hour to see if I feel up to getting up (no, I just want to sleep). So, he's going to go pick up our laptops from my dad's house so that he has something more entertaining to do than stare at a TV or stare at his wife (I don't blame him at all).

12:30, roughly 5 hours after getting back to our room from dinner, I wake up and feel human again. Ace decides to check the weather and comment on how cold it's going to be tomorrow morning. Then he asks his stupid question, "Did you bring in my coat too?"

When, during all my sleep, did he think I went and specifically got my coat out of the trunk of the car, but left his coat there? And didn't he remember me changing coats, so the only reason either of us has a warm coat is because I was cold earlier so I changed coats before we went to eat?

I kind of stared at him and reminded him that my coat was only inside because I as wearing it earlier.

No comments: