Monday, December 1, 2008

Control, TV, and Randomness

OK, I wasn't going to post today, but I have words and they are bursting to come out (if Ace didn't have to work today, he would be asking me to settle down for a little while, I think). Unfortunately for you, dear readers, I have a bunch of random things that all want to be said all at once, and you're just going to either have to skip today's post to avoid it or deal with it.

1. I have recently decided that I'm a bit of a control freak about some things (like how laundry is folded). And I need to let go of that need for control, because it's not healthy (I stress myself out about those things under my control). So, I'm trying to relax and remember to breath and to not worry about whether or not the dishes are done right away or how Ace folds clothes when we pack to go somewhere.

2. Tomorrow, we get an HD-DVR installed in the living room. Ace wants to take the DVR that's in there now and put it in the bathroom so that I will use it to record shows I like and spend more time relaxing in the tub (even if it's just for an episode of one of my favorite shows or listening to one of the music stations). We'll see how this all works out, but it has possibilities. More than the bribe attempt that never actually happened.

3. Speaking of DVRs and TV, my dad suggested that I record all my favorite Christmas shows and keep them so I can watch them whenever (I was already planning on recording them, but I hadn't thought about keeping them). So, now I'll be able to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the 30 min. cartoon) and the Frosty episodes whenever I want (year round) because of my dad.

4. Our house, over the past couple of days has had issues with the temperature dropping severely in our bedroom and the kitchen. It would be 74 in the living room and 69 in the bedroom (5 degrees is severe to me). Today, I left the fan on in the bedroom and so far it's stayed around where it's supposed to. I wonder if there is some connection to those two things.

And now that I've got some of the extreme randomness out, I'm going to go back to watching the Grinch, because it makes me smile.

TTFN!

No comments: