Thursday, April 3, 2008

In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Lion

March in Oklahoma is interesting. We started the month off with nice warm, calm weather. The month ended with rainstorms. It was backwards from the cliche.

Of course the big statement about Oklahoma weather is "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it'll change." Sometimes it does change that quickly, but usually it doesn't.

In addition to being in the Bible belt (I now live in the buckle of the Bible belt, where there are multiple churches within one mile of my house), Oklahoma is also in the middle of Tornado Alley. I actually seem to be in less danger living in Tulsa than I was in the Oklahoma City Metro area. I'm not sure when the last tornado hit Tulsa, but we haven't had too many tornado warnings (warnings mean tornadoes are likely, watches mean they conditions are there for tornadoes to happen) since I've moved here. And March through May are the big times for tornadoes to hit (followed by September to November).

I'd like to live somewhere without a tornado season sometime (if possible), but I'm not sure where that would be.

Okay, I'm going back to watching Whose Line, because it's funny.

TTFN!

No comments: