Friday, April 25, 2008

It Is A Truth

I haven't wanted to be a princess since I was a little girl.

An odd way to start a post, I know, but I'm watching a movie that starts off by saying that all women want to be princesses.

And of course, that got me thinking. My main thought is that I don't want to be a princess. I want to be treated like a princess, but I don't want to be one.

As soon as I realized that being a princess wasn't just about fancy clothes, dances, and being waited on hand and foot, I stopped wanting to be one.

And that isn't really the life I'm looking for now either. I want to be able to dress up when the occasion calls for it, but I want to wear jeans and t-shirts for the most part. I want to go out dancing, but not necessarily too often. I'd like someone to help me with taking care of my house and my kids, but I like doing some things for myself.

In short, I don't want to be a princess and haven't in a long time. But I do want to feel like one.

And I think the universally acknowledged truth is that every woman wants to be treated as if they were a princess.

At least, I know that I do.

TTFN!

No comments: