Saturday, June 23, 2007

Insomnia

From time to time, mostly when I'm feeling somewhat stressed about something, I start to suffer from a bit of insomnia. This is most annoying because it almost always seems to proceed a small bout of depression, or, as I like to think if it, my "my life sucks so now I'm throwing myself a pity party and don't want to move if at all possible" time. And I hate it. I hate feeling like I'm loosing a part of myself. I hate that stress gets to me like this. And I don't feel the need to be on medication to do something about it, because this happens almost never. In fact, I'm not sure how long it's been since I've last had insomnia (it's been a while).

No, I don't want to share what is stressing me out, because I'm really trying hard not to think about it. I'm spending my time concentrating on good things, like the Marx Brothers or Dave Barry's Guide to Guys (this is a really funny movie, which you should rent, and if Dave Barry wants to pay me for this little advertisement of his movie, he can leave me his e-mail address in the comments and I will get back to him). Because, hopefully, with enough laughter I can stop the clouds I feel rolling in my mind before they can get here and do some damage. If not, there is always the possibility of me getting some alcohol and posting while slightly tipsy (which means that I may have to re-type everything 5 times, because I want things spelled correctly. Oh, and I may wear less clothing to write than I normally do). I'm glad that I'm a happy tipsy person and don't try to go any further than tipsy.

Well, now that I've rambled on for a while, I'm going to go do something else that I wouldn't normally do at 3 am (because normally I'm sleeping).

TTFN!

No comments: