Thursday, November 13, 2008

Feeling Christmasy in November

Normally, I don't start listening to Christmas music until Thanksgiving, but I was exploring the new music stations on DirecTV (since they merged their music only stations with Sirius satellite, some things have changed). And I discovered their holiday music channel, so I've started listening to Christmas music early.

I love Christmas music, and have in the past listened to it in April (during finals week to help relax some between finals) and June/July (I forget which, but I was trying to relax). Christmas music always puts me in a cheerful mood, and even listening to the same songs on rotation, like I did last year while working at Bath & Body Works (although, they did wait until closer to Thanksgiving before starting Christmas music up) doesn't bother me as I still want to listen to the music.

I don't even really care that much about which style of music the singer normally sings, because the Christmas songs seem to cut through all borders musically with me (although, I've never heard any Christmas rap songs, so I can't say I've been able to fully judge). Christmas music puts a smile on my face, and I'm more than happy to learn new Christmas songs (although, I keep hoping to hear "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas").

Basically, what I'm saying is that I'm floating on air over here, and my shoulder doesn't even matter right now. Ace is just happy that I'm in the bedroom enjoying my music without him as it is way too early for him for Christmas music (he'll put up with it pretty well after Thanksgiving and will let me listen mostly non-stop the week of Christmas (and a little on the way to my dad's for celebrating Christmas, even if the holiday itself has passed), because he's all like normal people that way.

What do you like to do at times other than "normal" times (like my Christmas music throughout the year)?

No comments: