Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Greetings From a Tired Insomniac

I was busy yesterday. We got everything except our laptops packed by Monday night, so there was little fussing left to do (we had already taken care of everything else that was worrying my mind.

I got up earlier than normal, in an attempt to help ensure we would leave town by a certain time (ha, that didn't happen). I made it by the chiropractor early. Ace took care of all the little stuff around the house while I went to my appointment. And then, we discovered that we needed to buy a few things before we left (besides food and drink). And that took us an hour to do.

We finally made it on the road, and I start wanting to go to sleep, but I can't because I need to act as navigator (as well as doing a couple of other things, but nicely Ace has pretty well figured out how to get here). So, once we got here (and I got untangled from all my various cords, I started feeling tired again.

Other than a short nap around 11 pm, I've not slept yet. I'm tired, I want to sleep, but I'm used to being up, so my body is rebelling against the idea (I'll get up way to early for the amount of sleep I've gotten, possibly take a nap later, and then go to bed at a reasonable time for not being exhausted on Thanksgiving, just like I always seem to do when we're at my dad's house). I don't have much to fight it with, because I don't want to turn the light back on and go back to my book on grammar (Ace is asleep, and I want to let him sleep), so I guess I'll try to find something that I find interesting enough to read (online) while boring enough to let the tiredness I feel overtake me.

And now you know how a tired insomniac goes to sleep (I'm not normally an insomniac, it's just the rapid change in sleep times).

TTFN!

No comments: