Friday, November 7, 2008

Graduation Countdown

My sister graduates high school this year (okay, it's not until May, but it's this school year). She is extremely excited about it. She's been ready to be out of school since last May at least (from what she says). And I completely understand that. I wasn't wanting to still be in high school when I was her age, although having most of my friends being in the same year helped to keep it interesting at lunch at least.

I am hoping that while she's overly excited she will keep in mind to try to find ways to make the year enjoyable. And that she'll work hard at making good grades. Because I know she's smart, but I'm not sure she knows what she wants to do after she graduates. I think she's a little less than sure about what she wants to do with her life. And that's fine at her age. But it doesn't keep me from wondering where she'll be in the next few years.

While not everything in my life is how I want it currently, I am moving toward my long term goals and know how to get the things I want. And that's really all I want for her.

Hopefully, after getting a massage later, I'll be less sentimental and have thing to actually talk about. But for now, I think I'll take my sappy self and talk with Ace.

TTFN!

No comments: