Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day!

That's all I have to say about that. Other than I appreciate them serving their country so that I can have freedoms that I all to often take for granted (and a thank you to those of you out there who are currently serving our country or have loved ones serving, we appreciate your sacrifice).

Ace and I did our grocery shopping tonight (a fascinating topic to pick, I know). Right as we first walked in, I caught sight of some strawberry mini-doughnuts. And I know they were put there as an impulse buy, but I thought they looked good, so I grabbed them. Then, the next thing I know, Ace and I are buying 4 packages of mini-doughnuts (strawberry, powdered, chocolate-coated, and cinnamon) and they are only $10 for all 4 packages. That was, pretty much, the only thing we bought that wasn't on our list (Ace also grabbed some Swiss Rolls, but I wasn't there to stop him and I just didn't care by the time he got back to me with them, and there will be no mention of my lemonade purchase since it was just $1 for a 2 liter).

Oddly, my shoulder started hurting about the time I got dressed to go shopping (roughly an hour before Ace got home) and stopped about 30 minutes (I think) after we got home from shopping. No clue why, but I did let Ace do all the heavy lifting both at the store, and here at home. On the plus side, I do know that Ace doesn't think I'd lie about something like that (Who fakes wincing at pangs of pain in their shoulder?) because he knows me well enough to know that I wouldn't lie about something like that.

On the plus side for my shoulder, I have a wonderful husband who will be home for most of the next 3 days to do any heavy lifting I've got. And all the heavy lifting I'm currently seeing is the laundry, which will be done later, and getting me juice, which he doesn't mind doing.

Well, I'm going to go, I've got some time with Ace before we go to sleep nearing, and I want to take advantage of it while it's here.

TTFN!

P.S.: Sorry for this being so random today, apparently I've got a wondering mind and it's taking my fingers with it for the ride. Hopefully I'll be a little more cohesive tomorrow.

No comments: